Sorry about the short recruiting update, work has really picked up. We have been seeing a lot of questions about the status of 2010 Recruit LB/DE Antonio Kinard. As you may know Antonio didn’t make the grade last year and opted to go to Hargrave Military Academy. From every report I have read he has been doing very well academically and on the field. And unless something major comes up looks like he might be set to enroll in Michigan in the winter. I don’t know this kid personally but from all of his actions up to this point looks like he has great character. He should be a very good person to have on your team.
Lastly, I went back and forth on posted Tom VH’s best guess recruiting outcome for Michigan. Mainly because these kinds of things either set you up to disappointment or depresses you is the person you want most isn’t on the list. I decided to post the most important position we are trying to recruit (in my opinion), that being LBs. Below are Tom VH’s best guess LBs commits, I adjusted the star ranking from Rival to Scout because Rival Blows.
- Commit – Kellen Jones 6’1″, 210 lbs, 4 star, Houston, Texas
- Commit – Brennen Beyer 6’4″, 222 lbs, 4 star, Canton, Michigan
- Antonio Kinard 6’4″, 215 lbs, 3 star, Youngstown, Ohio: 2010 commit, may still be included in this class.
- Kris Frost 6’3″, 210 lbs, 3 star, Matthews, North Carolina: For argument sake I’m just going to put Frost under this category. He’ll get a chance to play wide receiver.
- Sean Duggan 6’4″, 215 lbs, 3 star, Cincinnati, Ohio: I think Michigan is moving up Duggan’s list the more he is around the program. He recently came up for a visit, and will be in for his official in early December. He’s down to Michigan, Duke, Boston College, and Virginia.
- Darryl Monroe 6’1″, 215 lbs, 2 star, Orlando, Florida: He will be visiting with his Dr. Phillips teammates for the Illinois game. If Michigan offers I would expect us to lead.
- Still in it with: Austin Traylor (6’4″, 210 lbs, 3 star, Columbus, Ohio)